If you belong to this part of the world, then you must be experiencing the hot weather because the sun has intensified its rays.
While it is clear that the ozone layer is depleting more and more, as human beings we are supposed to develop coping and adaptive strategies.
Incase you don’t know the large percentage of the human body is made of water. To stay hydrated in this weather, you need to:
1. Drinks lots of water especially if you sweat excessively.
2. Take breaks. If you are working outside, make sure you take a short break every hour or more often if needed. Stay under shade and air conditioning if possible.
3. Dress accordingly. Go for light-coloured wears that reflect sunlight. Also, wear loose clothing that allows air to enter your skin and keep you warmer.
4. Avoid being outside when the sun is hottest usually between 10a.m to 2 p.m. If you exercise outside, go early in the morning or in the ending when the sun is less intense and temperatures are cooler.
5. Don’t take alcohol or coffee because of their content. They are both diuretics, which means you will become dehydrated more quickly.